By default in PowerApps portals, the date and time is showed in the format as configured in CDS/ Dynamics 365. However you can override the default date/ time format to be used on portals with the below site settings.
- DateTime/DateFormat: The date format used on the portal.
- DateTime/TimeFormat: The time format used on the portal.
- DateTime/DateTimeFormat: The format for full date and time used on the portal.
We have a requirement to display the date field in particular format such as 20-May-2020 in Power Apps Portals. This can be achieved by creating site setting in the below format.
Now let us create a site setting
Name – DateTime/DateFormat
Value – dd-MMM-yyyy
Screenshot for reference
Once you clear your portal cache, you should see the date time values now reflected in the portal accordingly.
It displays time as my date field is of type date-time format. For the benefit of readers, sharing some other format which can be of help.
1. yyyy-MM-dd – 2020-05-16
2. MMM dd yy – May 13 20
3. dd/MM/yyyy – 27/05/2020
4. dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm – 14/05/2020 12:27
5. dd/MM/yyyy hh:mm:ss – 12/05/2020 12:30:52 – 12 Hour format
6. dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm:ss – 27/05/2020 19:32:02 -24 Hour format
Hope this helps!
Our product offerings:
CRM-Sharepoint Attachment uploader and metadata manager (http://www.xrmforyou.com/sharepoint-integrator.html)
Role based views for Dynamics 365 (http://www.xrmforyou.com/role-based-views.html)
Record Cloner for Dynamics 365 (http://www.xrmforyou.com/record-cloner.html)