Recently in my project, i had to prepare a demo where we were going to show to the customers, the new service module enhancements. Since we needed our existing data to show the demo, we took a backup of our dev. environment and then restored into our POC environment. Since our dev. environment was with update rollup 2, we made sure that the demo environment also has the same update rollup.
We imported the database smoothly into our new environment and then applied CRM 2013 SP1 update. However we found that new entities shipping with SP1 update like Entitlements, SLA’s as such were not there even after the upgrade. We could not find them even through advanced find. However strangely enough those entities were all in the organization database. We tried with lot of workarounds including uninstalling and reinstalling CRM and then applying the updates as such. But still it didn’t work out for the restored organization.
Finally when we contacted Microsoft Premier Support, they update us that Microsoft is already aware of this issue and they have made the hotfixes available to install through the “Install Product updates” under the “Administration” section.
But when we tried to install the updates, it failed due to some of the system charts (“Top Customers”, “Case Mix By Priority”, “Case Resolution Trend”, “Activities By Month Due”) on Opportunity entity were deleted by the previous Rollups (1 or 2) in our all environment which prevented from running the below Product Updates.
Solution: MS engineer asked us to run the some SQL scripts in Demo Org and run the above “Install Product Updates” and all the missing forms in the new service module forms/views were re-created and all works fine now.
I am unable to share the SQL script because of legal considerations. However thought of sharing my experience since we lost sufficient time while resolving the issue. Hence if you face similar kind of issue, contact MS Support for the quick resolution.
Hope this helps!